- Due to the increased consumption of server resources and for better fault tolerance services are allocated on different servers.
- The first steps in terms of scaling out Web services to enhance the capacity of sites were made, balancing between Web servers was set up.
- Full stack of web services based on the Docker technology was expanded.
- Backup processes were optimized.
- Unify and simplify the configuration of Web servers. Get rid of all temporary solutions in this configuration.
- Transfer all services on all servers in the Docker stack.
- Switch to the built-in Docker load balancing and failover mechanisms on the basis of Docker Swarm. Necessary steps:
- Make web applications independent from of the host where it is run, so it can work anywhere, without any pre-setting. Use the automatic service discovery application settings
- Start using modern methods of testing and deploying the application on the basis of CI (eg GitLab-CI), build the entire application code in the form of a separate independent container, placing it in a private repository, which you can use to download and run any image on the Docker-host.
- Versioning of images using Docker’a tag system as image_name: data_version for a separation of stable working version and the ability to roll back to them in case of failed deployment of a new version.