- The amount of work estimation:
- View the installed software on the servers for their subsequent transfer.
- Creating a project of new servers (the transport distribution, optimization of workload, the interaction between servers)
- Server Configuration:
- Setting up the server Amazon nginx, apache, mysql php
- Configuration of backup script database
- Setting up scripts of site directory backup
- Setting up scripts to store backup copies of the database server prod
- Setting up scripts to store backup copies of the prod server directories site
- Configuring backup scripts to restore the prod database server
- Setup scripts to restore backups of prod server directories site
- On the prepared site like Amazon, (Instance T2 medium)
- Testing the performance of site transferred to the new site (Amazon).
- Monitoring the transfer process from the prod server to the backup server
- Testing for abnormality, (forced prod server shutdown)
- Putting in commission
The process presented in the scheme is as follows:
- After the prod server according to the schedule starts running the backup scripts the final backup version gets packed to the archive.
- The backup server receives the backup site via FTP protocol.
- A backup server cleanup from previous backup copies (site directory and database get cleaned).
- Recovery of backup site directories and databases. The archive of the site directory gets unpacked, database is recovered.
Switching between the prod server and the standby server is made by editing the A record in DNS server
About The Author